In the face of extenuating circumstances, I’m taking a semester off from school to be at home with my family. While I’m glad to be here, I’m worried about how to keep myself occupied, especially occupied with things that I want to do. So I’m gonna be selfish for a minute and brainstorm. If you have any ideas or comments you’d like to share, I would be delighted to hear them.
- READ: basically my favorite hobby
- How To Be Good (Nick Hornby)
- The Mismeasure of Man (Stephen Jay Gould)
- Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the Rise of Raunch Culture (Ariel Levy)
- Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat: Why it’s so hard to think straight about animals (Hal Herzog)
- Women in Love (D.H. Lawrence)
- The Autobiography of Martin Luther King Jr.
- ? (female authors preferred)
2. Blog: I’d like to post at least once a week. I definitely want to keep up with my writing and continue to develop my skills.
3. Journal: I need to do this more. Some kind of regularity is in order.
4. Yoga and meditation: Mind/body shiz always helps me feels more wholesome and healthy.
5. More being healthy and stuff: cooking nutritious meals for me and my family (involving lots of organic and veg ingredients)
6. Practice piano: I could be really good if I took the time to practice.
7. Arranging music: I need to practice some a cappella arrangements using Finale. I’m still so confused as to how that dang program works.
8. Sangin’: Probably my favorite thing in the whole world besides cats.
9. Keep a food diary? Not counting calories or anything like that, but just recording what I eat each day to see what kind of nutrients I’m getting, what I’m not getting, etc. Recording my vegetarian menu and maybe seeing what I can do to be healthier.
10. I’d really love to start some kind of support group for teenage girls in my hometown. I have no clue how to go about this.
This should be interesting.